The Board of Governors are:
- Emma Carress
- Kerry Henderson
- Eleanor King
- Heidi Moule
- Suzanne Traynor
- Andrew Watson
The Board of Governors is responsible for:
* Working with the school to ensure it delivers a good quality of education.
* Setting the aims and policies of the school together with the Head of School.
* Agreeing the school budget together with the Head of School.
* Appointing the Head of School.
* Monitoring and evaluating the work of the school.
* Holding the Head of School to account for the performance of the school.
In order to fulfil their responsibilities, governors need to know how schools, in general, are required to operate and how their school, in particular, operates. They do this through organised group training sessions, by attending school governor meetings and by getting to know the school community, for example, by visiting the school during the school day.
There are six full Board of Governors meetings per year (one each half term).
Where required under relevant legislation and governance regulations and in other cases to ensure the most efficient conduct of its business, the Governing Board will:
- Delegate work to time-limited committees and/or individual members of the Board.
- Set up working groups to provide information and/or make recommendations to the board.
The arrangements for delegating functions will be reviewed annually by the full Board of Governors.
CLICK HERE TO FIND OUT ABOUT THE GOVERNANCE OF THE QUANTOCK EDUCATION TRUST
|Type||Appointed by||Date appointed||Term end date||Date stepped down||Responsibilities||Business interests|
|Emma Carress||Parent Governor||Parent Election||24/4/19||23/4/23||Health & Safety||A W Alarms Ltd - school supplier|
|Kerry Henderson||MAT appointed||Board of Directors||13/11/18||12/11/22||Safeguarding||EDF employee - grant provider|
|Eleanor King||Foundation||Diocesan Board of Eduction||1/8/19||31/7/23||Ethos/SIAMS||Nil|
|Heidi Moule||MAT appointed||Board of Directors||19/10/18||18/10/23||Nil|
|Suzanne Traynor||Foundation||Diocesan Board of Education||1/3/17||28/2/21||Co-Chair, Ethos/SIAMS||RT Signs employee- school supplier|
|Andrew Watson||Parent Governor||Parent Election||30/4/18||29/4/22||Co-Chair, SEND||Nil|
|Rebecca Skews||Staff||Staff Election||19/10/18||18/10/22||9/9/19||Spaxton School employee|
|Alistair Harrison||Staff||Staff Election||1/10/19||30/9/23||10/11/19||QET Employee (Spaxton School)|
|Head - ex officio||n/a||31/12/19||QET Employee (Spaxton School)|