Suggested websites/apps to access at home to support your child’s learning:
- TTRockstars - https://play.ttrockstars.com/auth
Games to practise times table facts. Children will need a login which is available from your child’s teacher.
- Numbots - https://play.numbots.com/#/intro
Games to practise basic maths skills. Children will need a login which is available from your child’s teacher.
- Mathsbot - https://mathsbot.com/manipulativeMenu
This website will give you access to online versions of maths equipment that may be useful to support your child’s learning.
- Maths Shed - https://play.edshed.com/en-gb/login
A selection of maths games to practise basic skills. Children will need a login which is available from your child’s teacher.
- Corbett Maths - https://corbettmathsprimary.com/
Daily activities to consolidate prior learning. They also have videos to different concepts which might help support new learning.
- My Mini Maths - https://myminimaths.co.uk/
Aimed at years 3-6, daily arithmetic questions to consolidate skills.
- Hit the Button - https://www.topmarks.co.uk/maths-games/hit-the-button
Maths games to practise basic skills.
- Teach you monster to read - https://www.teachyourmonstertoread.com/
Phonics based games. Your child’s teacher has set up an account so please speak to them for login details.
- Oxford Owl - https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/
Access to e-books for free.
- Spelling Shed - https://play.edshed.com/en-gb/login
Spelling games. Children will need a login which is available from your child’s teacher.
- Phonics play - https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
Phonics based games.
- Scratch - https://scratch.mit.edu/
An online coding tool.
- Shaun’s Game Academy - https://www.shaunsgameacademy.co.uk/
From the makers of Shaun the Sheep. Learn how to create your own games.
- Nasa Kid’s Club - https://www.nasa.gov/kidsclub/index.html
Space themed activities.
- Draw with Rob - http://www.robbiddulph.com/draw-with-rob
Video tutorials to draw some of illustrator Rob Biddulph’s characters, at least 70 videos on there!
- BBC Bitesize - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
- Oak National Academy - https://www.thenational.academy/
- Premier League Primary Stars - https://plprimarystars.com/home-learning
To make sure we are on the right track doing everything we can to accomodate the remote learning needs of our students and parents, we asked our parents to complete a short questionnaire. The responses from this are shown below:
“All the staff are putting an enormous amount of effort in to support the learning of pupils with different home facilities and learning needs.”
“I feel the level of work is pretty perfect as not too little but much more and I think I would struggle to keep the momentum going .”
“The school have done an excellent job in working through this difficult ordeal. It’s an extremely challenging time to manage both within the never-ending changes from government. It has required last minute contingency planning and the school have delivered.”
“The team are working really hard at such short notice to bring everything together and its becoming easier to follow.”
“The school has been exceptional in terms of communication with parents, organisation of materials and lessons provided for students, and the support overall for both children and parents. We have been very impressed.”
“We have really enjoyed that over the past week, a lot of the lessons have had a theme running through them. The Stickman yoga was fab!”
“I have found the teachers and staff to be most helpful going above and beyond. The amount of work and instructions are just right and allow a level of flexibility.”